You can shorten any valid network address and make your short Wow.link 100% FTC compliant. Here is the step by step guide:
1. Create a short link right from the header of the Wow.link website:
Copy and paste or type the destination address in the text field shown above and click the “Shorten” button.
2. Alternatively, you can also create a short link from the “Create” menu on top of any page. In the drop-down menu, select “Short link.” Ensure that you are signed in your account as FTC compliant links are available only for registered users.
In the new pop-up window, enter the destination URL into the “Destination URL” text field.
In the “Create a link” pop-up window, you can customize your short link by typing any right-half text or symbol of the link which has not been used before. This will allow making your link recognizable and clear:
Note that you can also set up UTM for advanced click tracking by clicking the “UTM” sign.
3. Select the type of the link (the domain that will be used for your short link) from the drop-down list as shown below:
Now your short link has a disclosure statement right in the body of the short URL (e.g. “sponsored link” in the illustration shown above) and can be considered as FTC-Compliant.
4. Furthermore, you can make your short link 100% FTC-Compliant by enabling the Wowpage with FTC disclosure.
The Wowpage with the FTC disclosure statement will appear on the user screen for 3 seconds before redirecting the user to the final destination page. Note that you can disable the Wowpage anytime, change the Wowpage's type, or change the disclosure appearance's duration on the user screen on the “Short Link Settings” page.
The Wowpage disclosure will be automatically selected depending on the chosen type of your short link (advertisement, paid, sponsored, affiliate, etc.).
An example of the Wowpage is given below:
5. You can always change the settings for your FTC-Compliant link on the page with your short link settings. For example, you can unselect (disable) Wowpage (#1), choose another Wowpage (#2), or change the time and the way the user gets redirected from the Wowpage to the destination page (#3).
Please be aware that to make your post or content fully compliant, you may need to have additional disclosures such as hashtags #ad, for example. Please refer to relative regulation documentation to find out what other requirements you have to meet in addition to compliance-links to make sure that your whole post is compliant and you are legally safe.